“LivingTricky.com” / “We” / “Us” / “Our”) would like to inform you about the care and caution that We take to ensure due accuracy of Our content, which is addressed by Our Fact-Checking Policy.
Ensuring Precision in All Our Content
For any journalistic platform, the trust of its audience is of paramount importance. Trust can only be earned and maintained through accurate, fair, and unbiased reporting. It is imperative that We remain dedicated to achieving due accuracy in all Our content to the best of our abilities. Our understanding of ‘due accuracy’ extends beyond mere correctness; it also encompasses the essence of the information. We consider factors such as the subject matter, the nature of the information, and our audience’s expectations in our pursuit of due accuracy.
We strive to provide the most precise accounts, corroborated by direct stakeholders whenever possible. We approach claims with skepticism, challenge assumptions, and question conventional wisdom.
We acknowledge areas of uncertainty that may persist despite our best efforts to resolve them. However, the level of rigor applied to fact-checking may vary depending on the type of story. For instance, the sources required for a positive story about an NGO’s work may differ from those needed for an investigative piece.
To ensure due accuracy in Our content, we adhere to the following guidelines:
- We ensure that all Our broadcasts originate from reliable sources based on concrete and corroborated evidence. In cases where direct sources are lacking, we attribute the stories to the platforms from which they are sourced.
- We make every effort to verify claims, allegations, or information attributed to public authorities or individuals with a broader agenda beyond simply reporting the truth. We qualify and highlight such information, including claims or allegations that we cannot corroborate.
- We stand by the accuracy of the information we publish. If any information is proven to be incorrect, we promptly update the news item and inform our readers of the changes made.
- We recognize the paramount importance of our audience’s trust. Therefore, we commit not to misinform anyone or manipulate information to present false content deliberately. In cases of serious factual errors, we publicly acknowledge them and ensure prompt rectification clearly and appropriately.
- We provide a platform for the public to report inaccuracies or errors on Our Website through the “Suggest A Correction” segment, which is available at the end of all our reports published on our website.
The primary responsibility of our journalists is to report, write, and fact-check news and stories. Our stories undergo rigorous scrutiny at multiple levels, including a thorough internal fact-checking procedure, followed by review by one or more of our editors. It should be noted that the seniority of editors reviewing stories prior to publication on the website varies depending on factors such as the complexity and sensitivity of the issue, as well as time constraints.
In the event of an allegation, we make it a point to reach out to all relevant parties. We independently verify the information in question and strive to provide the most accurate result.
Sourcing Information for Our Content
We source information accurately by following these guidelines:
- We verify each piece of information with at least two sources.
- When relying on a single source, we ensure the credibility of the source through corroboration.
- We seek documentary evidence whenever possible, in addition to human sources.
- In the case of surveys, we provide details on how the information was collected and how the data was interpreted. If there is any potential for our data to be inaccurate, we promptly communicate inconsistencies to our audience.
- Our aim is to obtain accurate information initially, rather than rushing to publish and subsequently addressing doubts.
- We work closely with sources to clarify expectations regarding information being “off the record,” “on background,” or other statuses, as these terms can have varying meanings for different individuals.
- We give individuals the right to respond to reports that may portray them negatively, and we explain to our readers the efforts we make to seek responses in cases where sources do not respond.
- We consciously seek sources who may not have access to wide public platforms, in addition to influential and powerful sources.
- In cases of uncertainty or when a decision is challenging, a senior resource or the person heading the newsroom at LivingTricky.com can be consulted to ensure the accuracy of information presented to the audience.
User-generated content presents inherent challenges. We do not assume that material shared with us is accurate, and depending on how we plan to use it, we take reasonable steps to verify its veracity. We are cautious about how we use information supplied by lobby groups or individuals with vested interests in a story, as opposed to disinterested bystanders. We clearly identify user-generated content as such. Additionally, we follow these guidelines:
- We recognize that sources of information on the internet that may appear reliable are not always accurate. We verify the authenticity of material, checking the identity of the website operator or confirming with relevant individuals or organizations.
- We distinguish between fact and rumor, especially when dealing with material from social media where distortions can be deliberate or unintended. Errors or rumors can spread rapidly, while corrections often struggle to gain the same momentum.
- We subject material from social media or other internet sources to additional scrutiny when corroborating facts. We qualify and highlight all material not gathered by us.
These measures are taken to ensure the highest level of accuracy and trustworthiness in our content.